Pasquale Annicchino, Ph.D., LL.M., Senior Research Fellow
+39-055-4685-882 | Pasquale.Annicchino@eui.eu
Pasquale Annicchino is a Religious Freedom & Business Foundation Senior Research Fellow and the director of the Religious Freedom & Business Foundation’s Business, Faith & Freedom Global Forums.
Pasquale is also Research Fellow at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, he is also a member of the EUI Ethics Committee. He has been Adjunct Professor of Law at BYU Law School (U.S.A.) and Visiting Professor at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium).
He received his Ph.D. in Law (2011) from the University of Siena where he also graduated in law summa cum laude. He studied as an Erasmus student at the School of Law of Charles IV University in Prague (Czech Republic) and at the European Academy of Legal Theory in Brussels (Belgium) where he obtained a double degree (LL.M./D.E.A.). He was Visiting Scholar at the Centre for Law and Religion of the Emory University Law School in Atlanta (United States) and specialized (LL.M.) in European Public Law at University College London (United Kingdom) where he also served as Editor in Chief of the UCL Human Rights Review.
He serves as book review editor for Religion and Human Rights: an International Journal and is a member of the editorial board of Quaderni di Diritto e Politica Ecclesiastica published by Il Mulino. His main interests include the followings: Legal Theory, Law and Religion, EU Law, Religion and Politics.
- Cross, Crucifix, Culture: An Approach to the Constitutional Meaning of Religious Symbols, with F. Gedicks, EUI Working Paper,12/ 2013
- Il conflitto tra il principio di autonomia dei gruppi religiosi ed altri diritti fondamentali: recenti pronunce della Corte Suprema degli Stati Uniti e della Corte europea dei diritti dell’Uomo, Quaderni di Diritto e Politica Ecclesiastica, 1/2013, pp. 55-70
- Freedom of Religion or Belief in the Foreign Policy of the European Union, Much Ado About Nothing?, forthcoming in M.A Glendon, R. Alvira (ed.), Religion and Civil Society: The Changing faces of Religion and Secularity
- Onward secular soldiers, review of an article, Religion and Public Policy,The Economist, 4/12/2013
- The EU and Faith: A Religious Policy by Stealth, interview in Erasmus – Religion and Public Policy, The Economist, 3/07/2013 (interview)
- Così si uccide il confronto sul crocifisso, Corriere Fiorentino/Corriere della Sera, 16/05/2013 (op-ed)
- La libertà religiosa fa bene all’economia, Una riflessione su mercato, libertà umana e fede,Aletia, 06/30/2014